Tuesday, January 13, 2015

#168 He Sells

Weekend I’d Forget
My most exciting news for this past weekend, though definitely exciting, is mostly bittersweet.

We listed our home for sale on Saturday.

It is something we have talked about for over a year.

Hubby drives an hour each way to work every day. He also is moving up in the world which means longer hours. Combined with his long drive means that I barely see him during the week.

But talking and actually doing are vastly different things.

Finding our first home was a journey filled with gulps of hope and hiccups of disappointment. In the year we were engaged, neither of us were at our permanent full-time job, so deciding on the location was pretty much a shot in the dark.

I don't recommend taking shots in the dark.

Fortunately, every home we bid on fell through until we found a home not only perfect in location for our future jobs but also perfect in size for our unnecessary bulge of worldly possessions.

IMG_0172

I'm going to miss my kitchen.

IMG_0147

I'm going to miss my bookcase hidden in the wall.

IMG_9741

I'm going to miss the porches we updated only months ago.*

*Could August really only have been months ago?

Ordinarily, I'm not one to get sentimental over things.  I like my things, but I don't pour my emotions into them.

Still I think this first home of ours is going to be hard to walk away from.

I know there is better out there. I know there are new and exciting things that wait. Yet part of me is going to yearn for the irreplaceable things like the wooden planks and brick walls that make up our first home together.

first home

No comments:

Post a Comment