Tuesday, December 31, 2013

#120 He Takes a Cup of Kindness to 2013

I'm not one of those who grows overly sentimental on New Year's Eve.  In fact, I'm not an overly sentimental type in most categories of life...although I was pretty bummed last week when I broke my astronaut ornament that hubby bought me last year.  If you don't know why I would have an astronaut ornament, don't ask--the explanation wouldn't make much sense anyway.

As a blogger, I decided it would be only fitting to give a run down of 2013 via what has occurred here on "Somewhere That's Green".  As I skimmed over this year's posts I realized two things:

1. Some of these things seem like they happened ages ago.
2. I definitely need to blog more.

January, 2013

IMG_4004

The best thing to come from January, 2013 was a gratefulness to my father for never having given into my pressing desire to go plumbing with him.  This was an expensive lesson I learned while he was at my house several times regarding blockage of...well, you know.  Read about it here: cess pool issues

February, 2013

boys and gram

We celebrated my Gram's 80th birthday.  Recently, I was given a compliment that I haven't heard since I was probably a preteen.  My grandmother came to my church to hear me play violin, and one of the ladies I was playing with said, "That's your grandmother?  I thought it was your mom!  She looks incredible."

Read about Gram's birthday bash here: Let's Grow Old Together

March, 2013

Apparently, at least according to my blog, not much happened during March, 2013.  My favorite post of the month was in celebration of World Down Syndrome Day (something that is guaranteed to get me to blog during the month of March).

If you missed it and would like more information about those with Down syndrome read this: All That Matters About People With Down Syndrome

April, 2013

IMG_4751

We didn't take a vacation this summer, so our trip in April to Desilu Studios and Pathfinder Village was pretty much it.  It was a short trip, but inspirational time well spent with Hubby.

May, 2013

My favorite post of the year occurred in May after the weight of Easter and the History Channel's The Bible series got to me.

Favorite post of 2013: #96 He Has Been Redeemed

June, 2013

IMG_5534

In June, Hubby built and planted our first garden.  It was a little late in the season, so we didn't have a massive crop, but it got us excited about the possibilities for 2014.

July, 2013

100th 4

I celebrated my 100th blog post!!  Looking forward to another 100 reasons for why I love this man.
#100 He Gives Me More Than 100 Reasons To Love Him

August, 2013

IMG_5659

Two fun things happened in August:

1. My Gram, you know, the one who just turned 80, got a tattoo with me and
2. I received a call from my principal asking if I wanted to teach Kindergarten this year.

I'm not sure which I was more excited about.

September, 2013

20130907_185333

For Hubby, this was the year of the stache.  He was determined to have a full handlebar mustache by August and succeeded.  In September, he shaved it off for me.  What a glorious day it was.

Sadly, I must state that he recently regrew the stache.  Perhaps I will be posting in 2014 about how he gets rid of it for good?

One can only hope.

October, 2013
 
IMG_6394

I was lucky enough to meet my cooking inspiration: The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, again.

November, 2013

Hubby's job goes through many crazy busy stages, however November was the craziest it has ever been.  Hubby began working with a client that has him taking business trips to LA.  Even though I hate when he is away, the old adage "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is proven all too true whenever he leaves.

December, 2013

IMG_7000

December has been a month full of excitement for my home and my kitchen.  There are great things in store over at The Orange Strainer.



No comments:

Post a Comment