Tuesday, February 28, 2012

#42 He Eats Easy Meals...and likes them too!

I'm going to share with you the easiest meal I know how to make. It's actually one of my favorites.

And, it's not mac and cheese.
It's not canned soup.
It's not pasta.

It involves one of the most beautiful things that a busy woman could own:

A crock pot.


Oh, yes.

Literally, this meal takes five minutes of prep time.

Unfortunately, using the crock pot takes 4-8 hours of cook time. I'm sure you could cook it in the oven for shorter, but then it doesn't have that, 'I sat and cooked for four hours' feel to it.

All you need is:

1. Chicken


I like to use leg quarters. You might ask, why? And I'll tell you why by showing you this:


Can't beat 69 cents a pound.

Unless, of course, they were 68 cents a pound.

2. Italian dressing seasoning


This stuff works magic. Mix a pack in with a pint of sour cream, instant dip. Mix a pack with some oil and vinegar, instant dressing. Mix a pack with water and chicken, instant dinner. (Well, not so instant when you consider the slow cooker part...)

Pour the seasoning over the chicken.


Then, pour a cup of water per pack of dressing over the dressing seasoning covered chicken.
(That made sense, I promise).


Now it's slow cookin' time. I meant to put it on high for four hours. But, put it on low for two hours and then realized my mistake. I through it on high at that point, and it still came out beautiful.


I serve with rice to try and be a little on the healthier side. But, I have made mashed potatoes with it and it is truly delightful either way. Make sure you spoon the juices all over everything and make a nice sloppy mess.

It's the only way to really enjoy this meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment