Sunday, July 15, 2012

#66 He Likes to Sight-see

Our second day in Niagara Falls was perfection.  What was great about the area was that most of the things to do could be done at any time of the day.  

I liked that, a lot.

We weren't forced to wake up early and get a rushed start on the day.  We woke up "late" (8:30), took our time getting ready, had breakfast, and then went about the day.


Hubby in front of the American Falls.  


Me in front of the Horseshoe Falls.


Our first excursion was the Journey Behind the Falls.  It begins at the Niagara Visitor Center (which was a long haul from our hotel that involved an ungodly incline).  From the Visitor Center we were taken into an elevator which takes you down into the depths of the ground.

This part was pretty cool because we were led underground in tunnels that then led out to various views "behind the falls".  


We got pretty wet.  

It was hot out though, so the mist was very refreshing.


Hubby swore he could jump the railing, get on the rock, jump into the falls, and be totally fine.

I discouraged him greatly.

If he had done it, I probably would have pretended not to know him.

Like I always do during such situations.

We were in the mood for pizza, so we went to My Cousin Vinny's for a quick lunch.


I was more impressed with the floral arrangements outside of the restaurant than the food itself.


This was one of hubby's favorites.  He liked the burnt orange bush in the back.


This was my favorite.


And that's our hotel in the background!

After lunch, we headed back down the treacherous incline to go on the Maid of the Mist.


The Maid of the Mist is a series of boats that are used to take tourists right up into the mist of the falls.

It is thrilling.


The Horseshoe Falls while just starting out on the Maid V.


A side view of the Horseshoe Falls.

It got so misty as we went into the Horseshoe Falls that hubby looked at me, smiled, and said, "You're eyes are all black!".

What a perfect day to wear mascara!


Side view of the American Falls.

Later that night after a delicious meal at Tony Roma's we sat for a few minutes people watching as we waited for the falls to light up.


The city view in the night.


Falls view at night

Two nights stay was really the perfect amount of time to spend in Niagara, Canada to see and do everything.  

Even though, I still left wishing that I could buy a piece of property overlooking the falls so that every day I could stand at my window and sigh at the beauty before me.




No comments:

Post a Comment